Saturday 27 April 2013

Happy Weekend, Everybody!

...and happy early Birthday (and Christmas...and next birthday...and next Christmas) to me!

I've been playing with my new "toy"....  Any guesses what it might be?

What about now?? Here's a little peak of Elijah checking it out...
 

And tasting part of it....
.
 If you guessed that it's a Canon DSLR, then you win £50!**  Now, if you can guess what model it is, I'll be really impressed!  Though, I doubt anyone would guess from these photos. My photography skills are dusty, and I've never really worked with a DSLR. I took photography back in high school for a year or two in the "good old days" when hanging out in a darkroom was a requirement for admittance into the inner circle of photographic geniuses. I've got a pretty steep learning curve ahead as I explore what this bad boy can do!  I'm determined not to leave the dial set to "Auto" too often, and really work on mastering the more artistic capabilities of the camera. I hope you all think Elijah is as cute as I do, because you will probably be seeing a lot more of him around here.  As a self-proclaimed perfectionist, I take issue with sharing too many grainy iPhone photos....but crystal clear photos from my new camera? I think I'm okay with sharing those.

Do any of you have a DSLR? What are your go to settings? Any tips for a DSLR novice?!

**Joke's on you...even though we got a good deal on a used one on eBay, we've already spent the "prize  money" a few times over on the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis