Saturday 14 May 2011

Jim is Superman...Clark Kent is a Fraud





















That's right. Clark Kent, eat your heart out. James Wightman is actually Superman. (By the way, I'm convinced that being married to Superman is directly linked to my unrealistic expectations of myself. See my first blog post.... Queen Elizabeth I of Lists and Spreadsheets).

Today, Jim built compost bays for our garden. My friend Susan, who is amazing and environmentally conscious, should appreciate this project as we are both using recycled materials (old railway sleepers) AND composting! We're so green. Anyway....

First, Jim gathered the materials he would need to make the compost bays: Railway sleepers, tape measure, and a chainsaw.











These wooden beams are the railway sleepers...and he lifted them. All of them. (Anyone but Superman would obviously be dead from such exertion). He stacked them together to form a sort of large "E" (but with an extra space...so there are three rectangular spaces).


This is the result about half way through....
Next, Jim used a chainsaw to cut a notch in the wood so that the beams would fit together more securely.
And here's the bird's eye view of the final product:

So, we now have compost bays! Also....my husband is a total BA.

3 comments:

ShareThis